Siggi’s Icelandic Yogurt; Simple Swaps, Substitutions & Easy Recipes Plus a Giveaway!

You all know how much I love Siggi’s Yogurt, but if you don’t, head on over to my blog post to understand the Siggi’s love and I promise, you will fall in love too!

I wanted to share some ways to incorporate Siggi’s into your kitchen other than the traditional ways of right from the container or topped with fruit and granola.  Life is meant to be enjoyed, but sometimes, our favorite meals or snacks fit more into that 20% in that 80/20 rule of eating clean 80% of the time and indulging the other 20%.  With a few simple swaps and healthy substitutions when preparing food, you can turn your favorite treats or meals into the 80% category.

Thanks to the 24 oz containers that are sold in vanilla and plain, you can add nutritional value to your cooking and baking by using less of the not so healthy stuff.  Here is a chart to give you some suggestions when swapping traditional dairy items for Siggi’s plain.

Other ideas include adding Siggi’s coconut to your mashed sweet potatoes, using Siggi’s vanilla in place of whipped cream or adding your favorite flavor to a smoothie.  When making these swaps, you’ve instantly added protein and upped the nutritional value of these dishes.

Below are some recipe ideas that incorporate Siggi’s.  If you visit their website, there’s an entire section dedicated to recipe ideas.  You can search the database through categories such as main dishes, soups, snacks and more.  You may also choose to search the recipes based on nutritional needs such as diabetes friendly, gluten free, high fiber and vegetarian recipes.  Such an amazing resource!

Another great thing about Siggi’s is their willingness to give back to the community.  While Siggi’s is still considered a small brand, extra product is regular donated to food pantries across the nation and even offer a donation program that you can apply for through the donation request form found here.

It’s always great hearing that companies are involved in the community and care about the consumer as demonstrated by Siggi’s.

What recipe are you excited to try? Answer below for your chance to win some Siggi’s swag, recipe cards and coupons! Every comment is an entry.  Two winners will be chosen at random on January 21, 2018.  Winners will have 24 hours to respond or they will forfeit their prize and a new winner will be selected.  Good luck!

The giveaway is now closed. Winners have been notified! Thank you & stay tuned for more giveaways!

23 thoughts on “Siggi’s Icelandic Yogurt; Simple Swaps, Substitutions & Easy Recipes Plus a Giveaway!

Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: